Flood damage protocol
SERVPRO of Novi/Commerce South can help with any flood water loss, call us at 248-344-0044. We know how hard it is to see treasures and belongings affected by flooding. We help homeowners deal with water-damage cleanup and restoration every day. You don’t have to face it all by yourself.
FOLLOW FLOOD DAMAGE CLEANUP PRECAUTIONS
• Assume all flooded areas are dangerous. Always proceed with caution.
• Make everything safer and easier to handle by wearing rubber gloves as you work
• Move ruined items outside to prevent mold spores from spreading through the house.
• Don’t throw anything away before your insurance adjuster makes an assessment.
• Never risk your health trying to remove standing water after heavy storm flooding or a sewage backup
BE CAREFUL WITH APPLIANCES AND ELECTRONICS
• Trying to salvage appliances and electronics on your own can be very hazardous
• Never unplug appliances or electronics while standing in water or wearing wet clothes.
• If you suspect a stove or water heater gas leak, leave your home immediately, and call 911.
• Stay safe by scheduling a licensed technician to inspect water-damaged appliances and electronics.