Fire odor concerns
There are a few different things to pay attention to after you have had a fire loss in your home. Some of the more important items to inspect for odor are your furnace, textiles/soft goods and carpeting. The furnace inside your home has a filter and forces air throughout your entire house. Carpet is one of the biggest filters in your home and will hold an odor. Any textiles, soft goods or clothing will also hold an odor. SERVPRO of Novi/Commerce South and Bloomfield recommend the following after experiencing a fire in your home.
- Change the filter to your furnace
- Perform a duct cleaning after cleaning
- Clean or replace any carpet that came in contact with soot/smoke
- Launder/clean clothing, textiles or linens
- Clean all surfaces, especially horizontal surfaces.
Please contact us if you are in need of any additional information at 248-344-0044, we are here to help!